Blogs > A high school blast from the past

My name is Kevin D. Roberts and I am the Assistant Sports Editor at The Register Citizen. This is my blog, about anything I can find, or hear about, from our local sports scene. Much of what I write about will be about athletes who have moved on to play in college, but I welcome anyone to send along information about someone that they feel would make a compelling story.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Former area high school stars shining for Titans

KEVIN D. ROBERTS/Register Citizen
A pair of former Northwest Corner high school baseball stars are shining in different roles for the Torrington Titans.
You can read about both of them in my story about Torrington Titans Media Day, which was held on Wednesday at Fuessenich Park. One is former Torrington High School and Torrington P38 standout Conor Bierfeldt, who lit up pitchers all season at Western Connecticut State University. In my story, you can find video interview clips of Bierfeldt, along with clips of Bierfeldt from batting practice.
Meanwhile, former Housatonic Valley Regional High School left-hander Bobby Chatfield goes from pitcher to pitching coach. Chatfield is the new pitching coach for the Titans this season after pitching for them last season. Chatfield came up clutch in his senior season at Plymouth State University, helping the Panthers pull off an upset of top-seeded Southern Maine in the first game of the Little East Conference tournament. Chatfield earned second team All-LEC for his efforts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shane Castane said...

Keep up the fantastic work , I read few content on this web site and I believe that your site is real interesting and holds bands of fantastic information.

Baseball Gloves

June 25, 2012 at 4:56 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home